Why Choose Figaroclub?
We have the largest stock in the UK & are always breaking down Figaros for spares...
Figaro donors...one dead car will keep many others alive!
Our Spare parts are tried, tested and leave us in a perfect working order
& we offer money-back guarentee so you can shop with confidence.
The Nissan Figaro is a small retro car manufactured by Nissan. The car was originally sold only in
Japan. Despite this, the Nissan Figaro has become popular with owners in
the UK and Ireland, given the popularity of second-hand Japanese import cars.
The Figaro was introduced at the 1989 Tokyo Motor Show under the slogan "Back to
the Future". It was built by a Nissan special projects group called Pike
Factory, it was based on the K10 Nissan Micra. Only
four colours were available: Topaz Mist, Emerald Green, Pale Aqua and Lapis
Grey. Each colour symbolised a season of the year. When the car was launched,
Topaz Mist was the least popular colour. There were only 2,000 produced in Topaz
Mist, hence they have become increasingly rare. The Figaro was sold without the
The Figaro was equipped with leather seats, air conditioning, CD player and
an open roof.
It was designed by Shoji
Takahashi, who won a design competition with the car.
The engine was Nissan's MA10ET, a turbocharged 1.0 L (987 cc) I4.
Only 8,000 were originally available with an additional 12,000 added to
production numbers to meet demand. Prospective purchasers had to enter a lottery
to be able to buy one of these cars. Limited edition cars came with passenger
side baskets and cup holders. These now fetch hundreds on internet auction
- Interior Width: 1310 mm (51.57 in)
- Interior Height: 1130 mm (44.49 in)
- Treadwidth: Front: 1335 mm (52.56 in), Rear: 1350 mm (53.15 in)
- Riding Capacity: 4 seat belts, 4 people
- Max laden weight: 1235 kg (2723 lb)
- Max rolling weight: 1835 kg (4045 lb)
- Max load (front axle): 620 kg (1367 lb)
- Max load (rear axle): 625 kg (1378 lb)
- Max trailer weight (without brakes): 310 kg (683 lb)
- Max trailer weight (with brakes): 600 kg (1323 lb)
- Turning Circle (kerb-to-kerb): 4.7 m (15 ft 5 in)
- Fuel Economy: 7.3 L/100 km (39 mpg-imp;
- Fuel consumption rate: 60 km/h (37 mph) running, on level ground:
4.1 L/100 km (69 mpg-imp;
- Bore and Stroke: 68.0 × 68.0 mm (2.68 × 2.68 in)
- Max Power: 76 PS (56 kW; 75 hp) at 6000 rpm
- Max Torque: 10.8 kg·m (106 N·m; 78 lb·ft) at 4400 rpm
- Fuel Type/Capacity: Regular Unleaded/40L (8.8 imp gal or 10.6 US
- Suspension: Four-wheel independent
- Rear: 4-link,solid axle, with stabilizer bar (anti-sway bar)
- Brakes: Power-assisted Ventilated front discs, rear drums
- Cold climate spec: 155SR12 (155/80R12)
- Safety equipment and front seat restraints
- Rear seat: Three-point seat belts
- Driver's seat belt not fastened warning (buzzer)
- Genuine leather seats standard equipment
- Low-mount head rest for classic appearance
- Synthetic leather piping is used for the prevention of leather fatigue
- High quality paint on interior and exterior
- Retractable top which became one of Figaro's unique trademarks
- External design completely hidden in trunk
- Equipped with a double lock and warning buzzer as a safety feature
- Secondary hood latch designed so the hood should not open while driving or
by accidental activation
- Rear window defroster on glass
- Flush mount apron and flush mount fender
- Glassfibre resin material is used with an outer gel coat for front fenders
and front grill surround
- Resulting in durable, low-maintenance body components
- Fluoroplastic paint is used